- PRINCIPLE: Trespass to land is the wrongful and unwarranted entry upon the land of another.
FACTS: A purchased a ticket to watch a movie in a theatre. After the show got over, A refused to leave the theatre. The owner of the theatre sues A for trespass.
(a) He will not succeed since A had purchased a ticket.
(b) He will not succeed since A has a right to remain wherever he wants to after the show gets over.
(c) He will succeed since A’s authorisation to remain in the theatre ends with the show.
(d) He will not succeed since A did not have the intention to trespass.
- PRINCIPLE: Whoever, having been captured by an enemy or made a prisoner of war, voluntarily serves or aids the enemy, shall be punished with death.
FACTS: A is a Jawan in the Indian Army. During the 1971 war, he was captured by the Pakistani forces. While a prisoner, he was tortured and made to divulge the positions of the Indian Army. Due to this information, Pakistani Air Force attacked Indian positions causing extensive damage to life and property. After India’s victory, the Pakistani forces surrendered the Indian Prisoners of War. Is A liable to a sentence of death?
(a) No, because he was tortured.
(b) Yes, because his information led to loss of many innocent Indian lives.
(c) No, because he did not aid the enemy “voluntarily” which is the prime requirement for application of the penal provision.
(d) None of the above.
The answers are: 1. (c); 2. (c).
- In a certain code BREAKTHROUGH is written as EAOUHRBRGHKT. How is DISTRIBUTION written in that code?
- In a certain code language ‘ja na da’ means ‘what you want’, ‘na pa ka’ means ‘they want food’, and ‘ka ho ni’ means ‘food and water’. What does ‘da’ mean in that code language?
(c) what or you
(d) Data inadequate.
- If 25th of August in a year is Thursday, the number of Mondays in that month is
The answers are: 1. (d); 2. (c); 3. (c).
- Statement: The government should deploy army to rehabilitate the people displaced due to earthquake.
Assumptions: I. Army can be used for purposes other than war also.
II. Only army can rehabilitate the displaced victims of earthquake.
(a) Only assumption I is implicit
(b) Only assumption II is implicit
(c) Neither I nor II is implicit
(d) Both I and II are implicit.
- Below in the question are given two statements A and B. These statements may be either independent causes or may be effects of independent causes. One of these statements may be the effect of the other statement. Read both the statements and decide which of the following answer choices correctly depicts the relationship between these two statements. Give answer
(a) if Statement A is the cause and Statement B is the effect
(b) if Statement B is the cause and Statement A is the effect
(c) if both the Statements A and B are independent causes
(d) if both the Statements A and B are effects of independent causes.
- A. Police resorted to lathi charge to disperse the unlawful gathering of larger number of people.
B. The citizen’s forum called a general strike in protest against the police atrocities.
Statement: Should there be uniforms for students in the colleges in India as in the schools?
Arguments: I. Yes, this will improve the ambience of the colleges as all the students will be decently dressed.
II. No, college students should not be regimented and they should be left to choose their clothes for coming to college.
(a) Only argument I is strong
(b) Only argument II is strong
(c) Neither I nor II is strong
(d) Both I and II are strong.
The answers are: 1. (a); 2. (a); 3. (d).