LEGAL Principle: A man must not make such use of his property as unreasonably and unnecessarily to cause inconvenience to his neighbours.
FactUAL sITUATION: Mr. Z is the owner of a plot measuring 50 feet by 80 feet. He constructed a small house at one corner and was using the rest of the land as a cow shed. He had 20 cows and was doing the business of selling milk to the public. The cow dung and other wastes were openly stored in a small 10 feet by 8 feet tank. This constantly paved way for bad smell and breeding of mosquitoes. Mrs. Y, his neighbour, constantly complained to Mr. Z but in vain.
(a) Y cannot take any other action against Z
(b) Z can do something to prevent the foul smell
(c) Y can complain to the police
(d) Y can sue Z for damages based on the inconvenience caused by Z.
The answer is (d).
1. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word QUICKLY, each of which has as many letters between them in the word (in both forward and backward directions) as they have between them in the English alphabetical order?
(d) More than three
2. 3, 10, 101,?
3. 120, 99, 80, 63, 48, ?
4. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence:
(a) 2, 3, 4, 5, 1
(b) 3, 4, 2, 5, 1
(c) 2, 4, 1, 5, 3
(d) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
5. If A + B means A is the brother of B; A – B means A is the sister of B and A x B means A is the father of B, which of the following means that C is the son of M?
(a) M – N x C + F
(b) F – C + N x M
(c) N + M – F x C
(d) M x N – C + F
6. One morning Udai and Vishal were talking to each other face to face at a crossing. If Vishal’s shadow was exactly to the left of Udai, which direction was Udai facing?
The answers are: 1. (d); 2. (c); 3. (a); 4. (c); 5. (d); 6. (c).
1. Statement: Despite increasing BPO jobs in our country, a large number of educated youth are unemployed.
Courses of Action:
I. Government should give unemployment allowance to all unemployed youth.
II. Government should introduce various schemes in different areas that will generate employment opportunities.
III. Efforts should be made by the society and the government to encourage the youth for vocational education.
(a) Only I and III
(b) Only II and III
(c) Only I and II
(d) None of the above.
Directions (Qs. 2 and 3): Each of the following questions consists of a statement followed by two arguments I and II. Give answer
(a) if only argument I is strong
(b) if only argument II is strong
(c) if either I or II is strong
(d) if neither I nor II is strong
2. Statement: Should India change its course from the economic reform process and look inward for all round economic development?
I. No, There is no way to look backward after having started the process.
II. Yes, This will benefit India in the long run as the reform process borrowed from western countries will adversely affect our economy.
3. Statement: Should India support all the international policies of the USA?
I. No, many other powerful countries do not support the same.
II. Yes, This is the only way to gain access to US developmental funds.
The answers are: 1. (b); 2. (d); 3. (d).