1. At the Asian Indoor Athletics Championships held at Doha in February 2016, who among the following women won the gold medal in Long Jump?
(a) Olga Rypakova of Khazakstan
(b) Mayooka Johny of India
(c) Irina Ektova of Khazagstan
(d) Prajusha of India.
2. Name the Indian Gymnast who has become the first female Indian Gymnast to qualify for the Olympics.
(a) Bisweshwari Nandi
(c) Rupinder Kaur
(d) Dipa Karmakar.
3. In 2015, Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi launched a new campaign, “Start up India, Stand up India”. The campaign is aimed at
(a) Promoting Swacch Bharat
(b) Promoting bank financing for start ups and offering incentives to boost entrepreneurship and job creation.
(c) Promoting free education to all children below the age of 14 years and assuring them jobs after obtaining higher education.
(d) Making India Digital.
4. Under the Constitution of India the official language of the Union is
(a) Hindi in Devanagari Script
(b) English and Hindi
5. How many Indian Universities/Institutes figure among the top 200 in BRICS rankings?
6. Which organization has the motto ‘Be Prepared’?
(a) National Cadet Corps
(b) National Service Scheme
(c) National Disaster Management Authority
(d) Boys’ Scout.
7. Who was crowned as the winner of Femina Miss India 2016 and who will represent India at the Miss World pageant?
(a) Pankhuri Gidwani
(b) Sushruthi Krishna
(c) Sushobita Kapoor
(d) Priyadarshini Chatterjee.
8. Who lit the torch from the sun’s rays reflected in a parabolic mirror during the Olympic flame lighting ceremony for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games at the site of ancient Olympia in Greece on 22nd April, 2016?
(b) Katerina Lehou
(c) Joanie Laureh aka Chyna
(d) Katerina Kaif.
9. A Japanese maglev, which is the fastest passenger train in the world, has broken its own record in 2015. The train reached …………….kmph in the test run.
10. Who is the Chairperson of NITI Aayog?
(a) Ms. Sushma Swaraj
(b) Ms. Sushmita Mahajan
(c) Sh. Narendra Modi
(d) Sh. Arun Jaitley.
Answers: 1 (b), 2 (d), 3 (b), 4 (a), 5 (b), 6 (d), 7 (d), 8 (b), 9 (a), 10 (c).