1. In January 2016, at the first stage, the Union Ministry of Urban Development unveiled the list of …………….cities for smart cities mission out of 98 shortlisted cities.
2. The “Paris Agreement” was adopted in the twenty-first session of Conference of Parties in the month of
(a) February 2016
(b) November 2015
(c) December 2015
(d) January 2016.
3. Who has scored the fastest century in a Test Cricket match?
(a) Brendon McCullum, New Zealand
(b) AB de Villiers, South Africa
(c) Misbah ul Haq, Pakistan
(d) Vivian Richards, West Indies
4. Who has written the book “Indomitable Spirit”?
(a) Justice Krishna Iyer
(b) Sh. Narendra Modi
(c) Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
(d) Ms. Arundhati Roy.
5. In which of the following States/Union Territories, the Election Commission has decided to hold election in a single phase on May 16, 2016?
(a) Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry.
(b) West Bengal, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
(c) West Bengal, Kerala and Assam.
(d) Assam, Kerala and Pondicherry.
6. Country’s first ‘visually-challenged friendly’ railway station is
(c) New Delhi
7. Power to summon the Houses of the Parliament is vested with
(c) Prime Minister
(d) Speaker and Vice-President.
8. Who is the Union Finance Minister of India?
(a) Mr. Rajnath Singh
(b) Mr. Arun Jaitley
(c) Ms. Sushma Swaraj
(d) Mr. D.V. Sadananda Gowda.
9. The Currency of Thailand is
10. Who is the author of “Crime & Punishment”?
(a) Harold Joseph Laski
(b) Karl Marx
(c) Fyodor Dostoevsky
(d) Geoffrey Chaucer.
Answers: 1 (a), 2 (c), 3 (a), 4 (c), 5 (a), 6 (d), 7 (a), 8 (b), 9 (b), 10 (c).