Directions (Qs. 1-10): Choose the correct spellings in questions given below.
1. (a) Accommedation
1. The World Bank had cut India’s GDP growth for 2016 – 2017 to
2. Prithvi Defence Vehicle is
(a) The name of a newly developed tank
(b) The name of India’s Nuclear Intercepter Missile
(c) The name of an amphibious Naval vessel
(d) The name of a single seated aircraft developed by HAL.
3. ’Scorpion kick’ is a phrase used in
(a) Kick Boxing
(b) Kung Fu
(d) Kalari Fight.
4. Who has been selected for 2016 BC Roy Award?
(a) Dr. N. Bhaskaran
(b) Dr. P. Raghu Ram
(c) Dr. Jagat Ram
(d) Dr. J. Rajendra.
5. The first country in the world to have begun shutting down the entire Frequency Modulation (FM) radio network to be replaced by Digital Audio Broadcasting is
(b) United States of America
6. Which shoe company in the United States of America has won an IPR dispute against China recently for using their logo?
(c) New Balance
7. Highest number of open prisons in India as on 2015 are in
(a) Tamil Nadu
8. According to the Survey Report released by Transparency International during March 2017 on India, the most corrupt are
(a) Local Councillors
(c) Business executives
(d) Government officials.
9. The Japanese Prime Minister who offered ‘sincere and everlasting condolences’ to the people of the United States for killing more than 2,400 soldiers in the attack on Pearl harbour was
(a) Shinzo Abe
(b) Kakuei Tanaka
(c) Juniciro Koizumi
(d) Hayato Ikeda.
10. Among the following, who has won the maximum number of titles?
(c) P.V. Sindhu
(d) Saina Nehwal.
11. Name the President elect of France who is likely to take the oath on 14 May 2017.
(a) Francois Holland
(b) Marine Le Pen
(c) Francois Fillon
(d) Emmanuel Macron.
12. During 2017, which SAARC country has notified the Right to Information Act?
(c) Sri Lanka
13. Among the following who was crowned as ‘Miss Supranational’ during 2016?
(a) Srinidhi Shetty
(b) Aishwarya Rai
(c) Alia Bhat
(d) Shilpa Shetty.
14. NASA rediscovered India’s lunar spacecraft that was lost in the space during the past eight years known as
(a) Chandrayan – I
(b) Chandrayan – II
(c) Mangalayaan – II
(d) Mangalayaan – I.
15. As on 31st January 2016, the highest number of law colleges were present in
(a) Uttar Pradesh
(c) Madhya Pradesh
(d) Andhra Pradesh.
Answers : 1.(c), 2.(b), 3.(b/c), 4.(b), 5.(d), 6.(c), 7.(d), 8.(b), 9.(a), 10.(d), 11.(d), 12.(c), 13.(a), 14.(a), 15.(a)