1. The largest diaspora in the world is from
(a) South Africa
2. Which State of India was declared in January 2016 as the “first organic farming State of India”?
3. The country which cloned a buffalo calf first is
4. Who was the Constitutional Advisor to the Constituent Assembly in framing the Indian Constitution?
(a) Sir B.N. Rau
(b) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(c) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
(d) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
5. The Constitution (One Hundredth Amendment) Act, 2015 was enacted to give effect to
(a) The transfer of certain territories by India to Bangladesh and transfer of certain territories from Bangladesh to India
(b) The acquiring of territories by India from Bangladesh
(c) National Judicial Appointments Commission
(d) Transfer of certain territories by India to Bangladesh.
6. Which State has become the first State to introduce compulsory gender education at the graduate level?
(d) Andhra Pradesh.
7. “Beyond the Lines – An Autobiography” is authored by
(a) Mr. Arun Shourie
(b) Mr. Kuldip Nayar
(c) Justice Krishna Iyer
(d) Mr. Soli Sorabjee.
8. India signed the “Paris Agreement on Climate Change” in April 2016 at
(c) New York
(d) New Delhi.
9. Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi, in March 2016, launched an ambitious programme “Setu Bharatam”. The programme is aimed at
(a) Making all National Highways railway level crossing free by 2019.
(b) Linking all major cities and towns by rail, air and road by 2019.
(c) Providing travel concession to senior citizens throughout India.
(d) Providing travel concession to women and children throughout India.
10. In an attempt to curb black money, the Government has made PAN mandatory for all financial transactions exceeding Rupees
(a) 2 lakhs
(b) 1 lakhs
(c) 3 lakhs
(d) 4 lakhs.
Answers: 1 (d), 2 (d), 3 (d), 4 (a),
5 (a), 6 (c), 7 (b), 8 (c),
9 (a), 10 (a).