1. Which of the following is not a suit of civil nature?
a) Suit relating to right to property
b) Suit relating to right of worship
c) Suit involving principally caste questions
d) Suit for specific reliefs.
2. X files a suit against Y for declaration that he is entitled to certain lands as heir of Z. The suit is dismissed. The subsequent suit claiming the same property on the ground of adverse possession is barred by
a) Principle of Constructive res judicata
b) Principle of Res judicata
c) Principle of Res sub judice
d) None of the above
3. Representative suit is given under
a) Order 1 rule 8 CPC
b) Order 1 rule 8A CPC
c) Order 1 rule 9 CPC
d) Order 2 rule 8A CPC
4. Provisions relating to universal donee have been provided under which section of the Transfer of Property Act?
a) Section 126
b) Section 128
c) Section 127
d) Section 129
5. Which one of the following thinkers called jurisprudence as the “Philosophy of Positive Law”?
d) Roscoe Pound
6. In case of inconsistency between laws made by the Parliament and laws made by the State Legislatures, which one of the following shall prevail?
a) Law made by the Parliament if the same is made before the law made by the State Legislature.
b) Law made by the Parliament if the same is made after the law made by the State Legislature.
c) Law made by the Legislature of State shall prevail in every case.
d) Law made by the Parliament before or after the law made by the Legislature of the State.
7. If a promissory note is executed on 15th June, 2016, the last date of filing the suit will be
a) 15th June, 2016
b) 14th June, 2016
c) 16th June, 2016
d) None of the above.
8. Right to way is covered under
a) Right of Passage Act
b) Easement Law
c) Specific Relief Act
d) Limitation Act.
9. Which of the following is not correct in relation to the First Information Report (FIR)?
a) The spy/informant need not be an eye witness
b) It is not a substantive evidence
c) It marks the beginning of the investigation
d) It cannot be used as a previous statement for any purpose.
10. The offence of kidnapping as provided in section 361 IPC is basically against
b) Lawful guardian
11. The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013 is based on the recommendations of
a) Justice Malimath Committee Report
b) Justice Lodha Committee Report
c) Justice Dhingra Committee Report
d) Justice J. S. Verma Committee Report
Answers: 1. (c); 2. (a); 3. (a); 4. (b);
5. (c); 6. (d); 7. (c); 8. (b);
9. (d); 10. (b); 11. (d)