1. Which one of the following Fundamental Rights was described by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar as ‘the heart and soul of the Constitution’?
(a) Right to equality
(b) Right to religion
(c) Right to constitutional remedies
(d) All the above.
2. Judicial Review is a device to check arbitrary power of the
3. Which Constitutional Amendment Act has provided for compulsory education for children from 6 years to 14 years of age?
4. The Press has no fundamental right to publish the proceedings of the Legislature because
(a) The freedom of press is not a fundamental right
(b) Each House of the Legislature is the exclusive master of its proceedings
(c) A House of Legislature is a court and can regulate access to its proceedings
(d) All of the above.
5. The power to determine the number of judges in a High Court lies with the
(a) Government of the State
(b) Governor of the State
(c) President of India
(d) Parliament of India.
6. Which Schedule of the Constitution makes special provisions for the administration and control of Scheduled Areas and Scheduled Tribes?
(a) Fifth Schedule
(b) Sixth Schedule
(c) Ninth Schedule
(d) Tenth Schedule.
7. The Ordinances issued by the Governor are subject to approval by the
(b) Central Government
(c) Speaker of the State Legislature
(d) State Legislature.
8. Which one of the following Articles of the Constitution authorises the President of India to suspend the Fundamental Rights?
(a) Article 359
(b) Article 369
(c) Article 379
(d) Article 370.
9. Approval of how many members of the Lok Sabha is needed to admit a no-confidence motion in the Lok Sabha?
(c) 1/10th of the total members
10. The State shall not make any law which takes away or abridges the Fundamental Rights. Which one of the following shall not be construed as law for this purpose?
(d) Constitutional Amendments.
Answers: 1 (c), 2 (c), 3 (a), 4 (b), 5 (c), 6 (a), 7 (d), 8 (a), 9 (d), 10 (d).