1. What is true to Code of Criminal Procedure?
(a) It is mainly, though not purely, an adjective or procedural law.
(b) There are also certain provisions which are partly in the nature of substantive law.
(c) Both (a) and (b).
(d) Neither (a) nor (b).
2. “Wrongful gain” means
(a) Gain by lawful means of property which the person gaining is not entitled to.
(b) Gain by unlawful means of property which the person gaining is not entitled to.
(c) Gain by unlawful means of property which the person gaining is entitled to.
(d) All the above.
3. Relevancy and admissibility under the Indian Evidence Act are
(c) Neither synonymous nor co-extensive
(d) None of the above.
4. What is the meaning of “Lex loci”?
(a) Law of land
(b) Sovereignty is essential for enacting laws
(c) Law of the land is supreme
(d) Crown has supreme authority
5. Membership of Legislative Assembly can vary between
(a) 60 and 500
(b) 100 and 300
(c) 150 and 450
(d) 100 and 400
6. Under the provisions of Civil Procedure Code, plea of adverse possession is a defence available
(a) Only to plaintiff against defendant
(b) Only to defendant against plaintiff
(c) Both to plaintiff and defendant
(d) Only to movable property
7. Promises which form the consideration or part of the consideration for each other are called
(a) Reciprocal promises
(b) Cross offers
(c) Conditional offers
(d) Conditional promises
8. According to the Transfer of Property Act, 1882, ‘instrument’ means
(a) A non-testamentary instrument
(b) A testamentary instrument
(c) Both testamentary and non-testamentary instruments
(d) None of the above
9. The formalities attending the transfer of property in goods, under the conflict of laws, shall be governed by
(a) Lex situs
(b) Lex contractus
(c) Lex fori
(d) Locus regit actum
10. Any act or omission, to be an act of a firm, within the meaning of section 2(a) of the Indian Partnership Act, 1932 must be an act or omission of
(a) All the partners
(b) Any of the partners
(c) Agent of the firm
(d) Either (a) or (b) or (c)