We are suggesting some selected Yog Asanas to rejuvenate your body. Next in the series is:
“Paschima” means your “back” and “Uttana” means “stretching“. This asana covers the stretching of the whole body from head to heels so it is called as Paschimottanasna.
- It acts as a stress reliever.
- Reduces fatty deposits in the abdomen.
- Remove anxiety, anger and irritability.
- Calms the mind.
- Stretches the spine and brings flexibility.
- Good for constipation and digestive disorder.
- Useful for increasing height.
- Regular practice cure impotency and enhance the sexual power.
- Tones the abdominal pelvic organs.
- Balance the menstrual cycles.
- This asana is recommended especially for women after delivery.
Procedure: Sit down straight with your legs together by stretching in front of you. keep your head neck and spine erect. Place the palms on your respective knees. Now bend your head and trunk slowly forward to catch the toes with the thumb, index and middle fingers without bending knees. Take a deep breath and exhale slowly. Try to touch your head to your both knees as shown in above image. Bend the arm and try to touch the elbow on the floor. Exhale completely and holding out your breath stay in this posture for a few seconds.
After few seconds slowly return to your starting position.
Repeat this for 3-4 times.
Precautions: – Pregnant women should not practice Paschimottanasana.
Person suffering from slip disc or sciatica problem, asthma should avoid Paschimottanasana, and Ulcer patient should not practice