We are suggesting some selected Yog Asanas to rejuvenate your body. Next in the series is:
Parvatasana means Mountain pose and it is of two types- Standing Mountain Pose called Tadasana, and Seated Mountain Pose called Parvatasana.
Benefits: Parvatasana strengthens the muscles of the arms and legs.
It tones the spinal nerves and sends good flow of blood to the spinal region. It increases blood flow to the brain and gives mild benefits similar to inverted asanas.
- Sit on the ground in a Sukhasana or Padmasana position with an erect spine.
- Place the hands on the lap and then interlock the fingers.
- Your palms should be facing towards you.
- Now exhale and stretch your hands up over the head keeping the fingers interlocked.
- Instead of interlocking, you can also fold your hands in a praying position.
- Then pull the torso upwards and stretch as much as you can.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds while breathing normally.
- Release and return to the starting position.
- Unlock fingers, keep the hands aside, stretch the legs in front of you and relax.