We are suggesting some selected Yog Asanas to rejuvenate your body. Next in the series is:
Benefits of Matsyasana
• The stretched upper body allows unrestricted airflow, thus providing extra oxygen into the lungs.
• It expands the bronchial tubes to permit easier breathing. This is especially useful for asthma patients.
• Stretching of the neck and spine stabilizes the functions of the parathyroid, pineal, pituitary, and adrenal glands, thus regulating the hormonal functions within your body. This means increased improvement in skin conditions, and your facial and throat muscles.
• It improves metabolism, which makes it a great pose for those who wish to shed weight,
• It removes soreness of the muscles and bones in your spine and neck.
• It greatly improves posture, flexibility, digestion, thus reducing constipation.
• Practicing certain advanced variations of this pose will help you acquire perfectly toned glutes.
• This pose also allows you to de-stress and detoxify with ease, therefore improving your overall health and happiness.
Procedure: Begin with the Shavasana (Corpse Pose)
Maintain a flat back. Make sure your arms are straight, with palms laid out on the mat. Gently, bring your palms in under your buttocks.
Tip your head backwards slightly with your torso resting on the floor. Hold for a minimum of 30 seconds. Inhale and use your forearms to lift your chest, shoulders, upper back, and head off the mat.
Bring the top of your head to rest on the mat and hold this position for a minimum of 30 seconds. Return to the initial position.
Relax and inhale. Repeat the process 6-8 times.