- 1 and ½ cups chilled plain yogurt (dahi, curd)
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (fresh coriander leaves)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2-3 whole dry red chilies
- 10-12 curry leaves
Make The Raita
- Whisk yogurt in a bowl using a wire whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Add radish, salt, cumin powder, and green chilies to the bowl and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Temper The Raita (Optional)
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dry red chilies, and curry leaves, and let them crackle for 4-5 seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the raita. Serve chilled.
Tip – You can save some tempering for garnishing.