1. Under Indian Contract Act, consideration may be
b) Equivalent to promise
c) Something having some value in the eyes of law
d) All are correct
2. Improvements to mortgaged property is provided in which of the following sections of the Transfer of Property Act, 1882?
a) Section 63
b) Section 63A
c) Section 63 B
d) Section 65
3. Which of the following properties may be transferred under the Transfer of Property Act, 1882?
a) Public office
b) Spec Successionis
d) Property which has not been prohibited by the Transfer of Property Act
4. Transfer of property to an unborn person is provided under which section of the Transfer of Property Act, 1882?
a) Section 10
b) Section 12
c) Section 13
d) Section 14
5. Written statement may be filed from the date of summons within
a) 45 Days
b) 90 Days
c) 30 Days
d) 45 Days
6. The principle of res judicata is not applicable to which of the following?
a) Execution Proceedings
b) Partition Suits
c) Arbitration Proceedings
d) None of the above
7. ‘Respondeat Superior’ means
a) Master is not superior
b) Respondent is not superior
c) Servant is only liable
d) Master is vicariously liable for the act of servant
8. Rule of Absolute Liability was propounded by
a) Justice HL Dattu
b) Justice MC Mahajan
c) Justice PN Bhagwati
d) Justice Krishna Iyer
9. ‘Last opportunity’ rule is related with which of the following?
b) Contributory Negligence
10. Which of the following cases is related to Information Technology Act?
a) Shreya Singhal v. Union of India
b) Lata Singh v. State of U
c) Gian Kaur v. State of Punjab
d) P. Rathinam case
11. What kind of order or orders may be passed by a Magistrate in cases relating to domestic violence in favour of the aggrieved women and against the respondent?
a) Protection order
b) Compensation order
c) Residence order
d) All of the above
12. The Right to information as provided under the RTI Act is available to
a) All citizens
b) Both citizens and non-citizens
c) All persons
d) None of the above
13. The maximum limit of solitary confinement under section 73 of IPC is
a) One year
b) Two years
c) Three Months
d) Six months
14. A Magistrate of the first class may award a sentence of imprisonment under the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 up to the period of
a) three years under section 31 CrPC
b) three years under section 29 CrPC
c) three years under section 28 CrPC
d) three years under section 32 CrPC
15. Which of the following is an exception to the principle of “mens rea”?
c) Strict liability
Answers: 1. (c); 2. (b); 3. (d); 4. (c); 5. (c); 6. (c); 7. (d); 8. (c); 9. (b); 10. (a); 11. (d); 12. (a); 13. (c); 14. (b); 15. (c)
NOTE: The answers are suggestive. Kindly verify from the basic documents, judgments, gazette notifications or recommended textbooks in case of doubts. Answers given by the author herein are his own personal views and neither the publisher nor the author holds any responsibility for any mistake that may have inadvertently crept in.