1. Article 39(b) and (c) directs the State policy to secure the following
(a) Operation of the economic system does not result in the concentration of wealth and means of production to the common detriment
(b) Ownership and control of the material resources of the community are so distributed as best to sub-serve the common good
(c) Childhood and youth are protected against exploitation and against moral and material abandonment
(d) Both (a) and (b).
2. In which of the following cases, the Supreme Court established the relationship between Articles 14, 19 and 21 of the Constitution?
(a) R.C. Cooper v. Union of India
(b) A K. Gopalan v. State of Madras
(c) Maneka Gandhi v. Union of India
(d) Minerva Mills v. Union of India
3. The definition of ‘State’ under Article 12 of the Constitution is …………………
(a) limited to Part III unless the context otherwise requires
(b) applicable to all parts of the Constitution
(c) limited to Part IV
(d) limited to Part V.
4. Article 16(4) refers to…………..
(a) Meritorious representation
(b) Adequate representation
(c) Numerical representation
(d) Proportionate representation.
5. Which of the following is correct about reservation in public employment?
(a) Determination of backwardness shall be on the basis of social and educational criteria
(b) Backward classes can be divided into backward and more backward categories
(c) Backward classes can be identified only and exclusively with economic criterion
(d) ‘provision’ in Article 16(4) means law made by the Parliament only.
6. Advice by the Council of Ministers to the President is ……………………….
(a) Excluded from judicial review
(b) Subject to judicial review
(c) Subject to judicial review in some circumstances
(d) Excluded from judicial review in some circumstances.
7. Corporation aggregate means
(a) A group of persons
(b) A community of already existing persons
(c) A society of legal persons
(d) An incorporated group of coexisting persons.
8. A right which has a co-relative duty can be legally enforced is called ……………….
(a) an antecedent right
(b) a remedial right
(c) a perfect right
(d) an imperfect right.
9. Ownership is “a right indefinite in point of user unrestricted in point if disposition and unlimited in point of duration over a determinate thing”, was stated by …………..
(c) Roscoe Pound
10. Which of the following is an incorrect pair according to Roscoe Pound?
(a) Public interest interest of the State as a guardian of social interest
(b) Individual interest personality
(c) Social interest security of social interest
(d) Social engineering law has its source in the general consciousness
11. Which of the following is an incorrect pair?
(a) Hans Kelsen Pure Theory of Law
(b) W. Friedmann Law’s Empire
(c) Lon L. Fuller The Morality of Law
(d) Julius Stone The Province and Function of Law
12. Which of the following is incorrect?
(a) According to Allen Buchanan, ‘right’ is not an economic concept.
(b) According to Bhiku Parekh, it is possible to define ‘right’ in a non-aggressive, non-exclusive and non-absolutist manner.
(c) John Stuart Mill’s essay on Liberty excluded the backward nation, women and children from the right to liberty.
(d) According to Hohfeld, liability is jural contradictory of disability.
Answers: 1. (d), 2.(c), 3.(a), 4. (b), 5. (b), 6.(a), 7. (d), 8.(c), 9.(a), 10.(d), 11.(b), 12.(a)
The answers are suggestive. Kindly verify from the basic documents and recommended text book in case of doubts.