1. Which of the following is not correct? President shall have the power to grant pardon …………………….
(a) In death sentence.
(b) In cases where the punishment or sentence is for an offence against any law on a matter where the Union executive power extends
(c) In cases where the punishment or sentence is by a Court Martial
(d) In cases where the punishment or sentence is for an offence against any law on a matter where the State executive power extends
2. By which Constitutional amendment was the voting age brought down from 21 to 18?
(a) 37th Constitutional Amendment of 1985
(b) 61st Constitutional Amendment of 1988
(c) 56th Constitutional Amendment of 1993
(d) 46th Constitutional Amendment of 1985.
3. What among the following is NOT a power or function of the Speaker of Lok Sabha?
(a) When there is a deadlock in vote, the Speaker can cast his casting vote to break the deadlock
(b) The Speaker decides whether a bill is a money bill or not
(c) The Speaker of the Lok Sabha must resign from the membership of his party after being elected as a Speaker
(d) The Speaker of Lok Sabha holds a higher rank than all cabinet ministers except Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister.
4. Which Article states that the Council of Ministers is collectively responsible to the Legislative Assembly of the state?
(a) Article 164
(b) Article 174
(c) Article 184
(d) Article 194.
5. The NJAC Act was declared as unconstitutional in
(a) S.P. Gupta v. Union of India
(b) In re Presidential Reference of 1998
(c) Sakal Chand v. Union of India
(d) SC Adv. on Record Association v. Union of India.
6. In which of the following cases, the notification of 4th March, 2014 regarding Jat reservation was set aside?
(a) Ram Singh v. Union of India
(b) Ram Kumar v. Union of India
(c) Rohtas Industries Ltd. v. S.D. Agarwal
(d) Indra Sawhney v. Union of India
7. Harish Chandra Singh Rawat v. Union of India deals with …………………….
(a) promulgation of President Rule in the State of Uttarakhand
(b) removal of pornographic material from websites
(c) imposition of President rule in Arunachal Pradesh
(d) the rights of transgender in India.
8. “The constitutional protection in Article 21 which protects the right of the person for a fair trial is, in law, a valid restriction operating on the right to free speech under Article 19(1)(A), by virtue of force of it being constitutional provision.” In which of the following cases the aforesaid observation was made by Supreme Court?
(a) Sahara India Real Estate v. Securities & Exch. Board of India
(b) Shreya Singhal v. Union of India
(c) Dr. Subramanian Swamy v. Dr. Manmohan Singh
(d) PUCL v. Union of India
9. In which of the following cases, the Supreme Court struck down section 66A of the Information Technology Act, 2000?
(a) Sakal Papers (P) Ltd. v. Union of India
(b) S. Khushboo v. Kanniamal
(c) Shreya Singhal v. Union of India
(d) PUCL v. Union of India.
10. Which of the following is not correct about the 93rd Constitutional amendment by which Article 15(5) was inserted in the Constitution?
(a) State may make special provision for socially and educationally backward classes of citizens or for Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes
(b) This provisions relate to their admission in educational institutions
(c) This provision applies to all educational institutions, aided or unaided
(d) This provision applies to all educational institutions including minority institutions.
Answers: 1.(d), 2.(b), 3.(c), 4.(a), 5.(d), 6.(a), 7.(b), 8.(a), 9.(c), 10.(d)
The answers are suggestive. Kindly verify from the basic documents and recommended text book in case of doubts.