1. ‘Jurisprudence is the scientific synthesis of the essential principles of law’ said:
(c) C.K. Allen
2. Which one of the following writers has divided Jurisprudence into Particular Jurisprudence and General Jurisprudence?
3. A comparative method of study in law was introduced by
4. Who said “Jurisprudence is the eye of law”?
5. In the dark ages, natural law was given a new interpretation by
(a) St. Augustine
(b) Thomas Acquinas
6. Who propounded the concept of Grundnorm?
(a) Roscoe Pound
(b) Hans Kelsen
(c) John Austin
7. Out of the following jurists, whose theory of law has earned the name of “natural law with a variable content”?
(a) St. T. Acquinas
(b) John Locke
(c) R. Stammler
(d) J. Rawls.
8. That truth is right reason in agreement with nature was propagated by
9. “A Theory of Justice” is the work of
10. Who says that “all positive law is an attempt at just law and justice is a harmony of wills or purposes within the framework of the social life. The harmony of will or purposes vary according to time and place.”
11. “The state of nature was a golden age, only the property was insecure. It was for the purpose of protection of property that man entered into the social contract.” It is said by
12. “Natural law is based on the nature of man and on his inward need of living in society”. Who said it?
(a) Hugo Grotius
Answers: 1.(c), 2.(a), 3.(b), 4.(d), 5.(a), 6.(b), 7.(c), 8.(d), 9.(b), 10. (a), 11.(a), 12.(b)
The answers are suggestive. Kindly verify from the basic documents and recommended text book in case of doubts.