1. An agreement not enforceable by law is said to be
(a) void contract
(b) voidable contract
(c) illegal contract
2. Two parties entered into a contract. They later realized that there was a mistake in their understanding of the law as applicable in India. This makes their contract
(a) Non est
(d) None of these
3. Which of the following is a correct statement?
(a) stranger to consideration can enforce a promise
(b) stranger to contract can enforce a promise
(c) stranger to consideration has no right
(d) stranger to consideration will be a stranger to contract.
4. A minor’s agreement
(a) is void ab initio and cannot be ratified
(b) can be ratified on attaining majority
(c) can be ratified by the minor during minority
(d) both (b) and (c).
5. Misrepresentation always relates to
(a) statement of fact
(b) statement of law
(c) both (a) and (b) are correct
(d) none of the above.
6. Which one of the following does not amount to fraud?
(a) Suggestion as a fact of that which is not true by one who does not believe it to be true
(b) Active concealment of a fact
(c) A representation made without knowing it to be false, honestly believing it to be true
(d) A promise made without any intention of performing it.
7. ‘C’ let a music hall to ‘X’ for a series of music concerts for certain days. The hall was completely destroyed by fire before the scheduled date of concerts. In this case
(a) ‘C’ cannot be discharged from performance of the contract
(b) the contract becomes voidable at the option of ‘X’
(c) the contract is discharged by impossibility of performance
(d) the contract is void ab initio.
8. A party who suffered loss as a result of breach of contract, can claim in the usual course,
(a) ordinary damages
(b) special damages
(c) penal damage
(d) exemplary damages.
9. On approval of a tender
(a) a concluded contract arises immediately
(b) a concluded contract arises only when an order is placed on the basis of tender
(c) the tender is converted into a standing offer
(d) both (b) and (c).
10. Which one of the following is not a characteristic of a contingent contract?
(a) Performance depends upon a future event
(b) The event must be uncertain
(c) The event must be collateral to contract
(d) There must be reciprocal promises.
Answers: 1 (a), 2 (d), 3 (a), 4 (a), 5 (a), 6 (c), 7 (c), 8 (a), 9 (d), 10 (d).