1. Primary responsibility for maintenance of international peace and security is vested with the
(a) UN General Assembly
(b) International Court of Justice
(c) UN Security Council
(d) UN Secretary General.
2. An international act by which a State establishes its consent to be bound by a treaty on the international plane is known as
(b) Full powers
(c) State practice
(d) Jus cogens.
3. Article 253 of the Indian Constitution refers to
(a) Treaty making
(b) Treaty implementation
(d) None of the above.
4. On partition, ………….. continued as UN member State.
(c) Neither India nor Pakistan
(d) Both India and Pakistan.
5. Which of the following deals with the immunity of State from the jurisdiction of foreign courts?
(a) Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties, 1969
(b) Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, 1961
(c) UN Convention on Jurisdictional Immunities, 2004
(d) UN Charter.
6. Sources of international law are provided in the
(a) UN Charter
(b) Statute of the International Court of Justice
(c) Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties, 1969
(d) Reports of International Law Commission.
7. The dispute settlement body established by UN Convention on Law of the Sea, 1982 is known as
(a) Permanent Court of Arbitration
(b) International Tribunal for Law of the Sea
(c) International Court of Justice
(d) Permanent Court of International Justice.
8. Article 51 of the UN Charter refers to
(a) Use of force
(b) Collective sanction
(c) Individual or collective self defence
9. A group of people fearing persecution leaves the country of origin is known as …………………………..
(a) Asylum seekers
(d) Internally displaced persons.
10. Amendment in the U.N. Charter raising the number of membership in Security Council was made in …………………….
11. A accesses the email of B unauthorisedly by cracking password and further uses B’s email to send message to B’s uncle pretending that the message is sent by B, requests for depositing thirty thousand rupees in the account number given in the email as his cash has been stolen and he has to urgently deposit the college fees. A commits contravention/offence under which sections of the Information Technology Act, 2000?
(a) Sections 43(A), 66C and 66D
(b) Sections 43(C), 67 and 66D
(c) Sections 66C and 67
(d) Sections 43(F) and 66C.
12. Digital Signature authenticates the electronic record by use of
(a) Symmetric cryptosystem
(b) Asymmetric cryptosystem
(c) Biometrics information
(d) All of these.
Answers: 1.(c), 2.(a), 3.(b), 4.(a), 5.(c), 6.(b), 7.(b), 8.(c), 9.(c), 10.(a), 11.(a), 12.(b)
The answers are suggestive. Kindly verify from the basic documents and recommended text book in case of doubts.