- 4 medium fresh artichokes
- 2 -3 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 -3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling)Procedure: Rinse artichokes well, tugging leaves outward to loosen slightly for stuffing. Trim off stems so artichokes sit on a flat surface. Trim off the pointed tips of each leaf. Set aside. In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, garlic salt, and pepper.Mix well; slowly add the oil till the crumb mixture is moistened enough to stick together. Stuff each leaf of the artichoke, starting from the bottom and working your way around, with crumb mixture. Place artichokes in a large baking pan and fill bottom of pan with 1/2 to 1 inch of water. Drizzle olive oil over top of stuffed artichokes and cover tightly with heavy duty foil. Cook on 375 degrees for approximately 60-80 minutes (depending on size of artichoke) or until leave comes out easily. Cool for 10 minutes; serve and Enjoy!